Random Sheet of Paper

Notes from the life and words of Addison and Ryland

Monday, April 12, 2010

The Easter Bunny Isn't Real

Easter has come and gone but the candy is still around. We had 3 great Easter Egg hunts, a Sonrise service, and a couple family dinners, and some meaningful moments. It was great…we are extremely busy…but loving these gorgeous Spring days.

Warning: If wanting to perpetuate any fun but mythical beliefs for your children…please give Addison a heads up!


So we were at my Dad and Lisa’s house with Lisa’s sister, her husband, and their children from NYC. They all had much fun finding the 140 eggs around Dad’s house. Afterwards, sitting outside on a big blanket, somebody was talking about the eggs that the “Easter Bunny” hid and Addison blurts out “the Easter Bunny isn’t real.” In an effort to salvage the tail Donna, the mom to these 3 great kids, quickly said, “you just have to believe!” to which Addison said, “I do believe…I believe the Easter Bunny isn’t real.” Oh goodness, what do I say? Nothing…I had nothing…just silence and inward hilarity! Donna, I am so sorry…don’t let Addison around your kids during Christmas!



Ryland is my innocent and very literal child. It is always so genuine and so funny. A while ago Richard was giving him some golf lessons in the living room as Addie and I watched. Richard said, “Ryland, choke up on the club.” Holding the club in his hands Ryland started making a choking/coughing sound…and he was totally sure that was what Daddy meant. We were rolling!



Most recently Ryland was asking me for some cookies and I said, “Make me a puppy dog face and you can have some.” Ryland took his imaginary paint brush in his hand and began painting my face to look like a puppy face…he was saying “paint, paint, paint.” Not exactly what I meant, but he did get the cookie!

3 comments:

  1. Don't worry Ellen will not be lied to, unless Jeremiah gets ahold of her first:) I think that is funny that Addison stuck to her guns like that (don't let Ryland hear that phrase)
    Your kids are awesome Heidi, it was great to get to see them both the other night! I love um!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful pictures of such a wonderful weekend.. and I can't get over how funny Addison and Ryland both are.. I love it! My mom used to always tell us if we didn't believe then the Easter bunny nor Santa would come by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hilarious. i love the things your kids say and i'm so glad you are recording them. they are both so cute and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete