Random Sheet of Paper

Notes from the life and words of Addison and Ryland

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Mom, today is your birthday and because of your birth day (so very long ago....just kidding, Mom...45 is still so young) I get to celebrate so many special birthdays of people I love in my life.  Your life has given life to not only your children and grandchildren, but the lives of all the others you have touched and loved.  I believe you give life everyday as you teach and as you live your life with such hope.  You inspire me, Mom...you always have.  I love you so much! Happy Birthday!

On school...
Well, we had our first real parent teacher conference the other day...and we were so excited...both of us there, beaming, eagerly asking questions, hanging on everything the teacher said...yeah, I am sure Kindergarten parents are really annoying!!! It was fun though...the thing I was most excited about is when I asked the teacher if Addison was more of a leader or more of a follower at school, she said she was really neither.  She said Addison likes to be around people and sometimes in the middle of the fun, but never seems to need to follow anyone.  She sometimes just needs her space, doesn't care what everyone else is thinking or doing....whew, I was glad to hear what I thought I already knew...she is her own little bird, confident, outgoing, but not too swayed by the wind. I like it! 

A couple things Ryland says right now:
"ice pickle" or "ice pockle" - for Popsicle...I think only because we refuse to correct him because it is soo cute.  Like me, he also makes up words that sound like they could fit when he can't find the right word...for instance..."Mom don't pimp (pop) my pimple" or "Are you all wrapped up (covered) with booboo's too?"  I like it and never correct him...after all he is my baby.  He of course, like so many little squirts, says "fighter man" for Spider Man and "don't feed, Mom" for "don't speed, Mom."

Well, I just had to get the ball rolling again...it had been a while and, honestly, I stopped paying as much attention to the funny and insightful things the kids were saying...so...here I go nudging that ball.

2 comments:

  1. happy birthday to your sweet mom.
    i love that you guys got so excited about the teacher conference, i would totally be excited too. what wonderful things to hear about sweet addie. she is amazing.
    ryland and his funny ways, just hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your mom! My mom's bday is today! = )

    You kids are so cute.. and I love hearing about your teacher conference.. I could totally see myself that way was well!

    ReplyDelete