Random Sheet of Paper

Notes from the life and words of Addison and Ryland

Monday, January 18, 2010

Advise for 2010

Some of our best discussions are in the car.  This is one reason I have always loved road trips...whether it is just me and God, or me and my man, or our whole family, something about being strapped in to one spot, an open road, and the excitement of an adventure or just a night out makes us want to talk...so sometimes you just have to turn off the radio and listen.  The most amusing lately has been the little conversations between Addie and Ry (for all you facebook friends...I used your advice...Ryland as a rule but "Ry" for short).


Most recently they were talking about getting older and debunking Ryland's apparent belief that he was forever going to be a kid.  He was surprised and a little hesitant to think that he was going to grow up in to a man..."Are you still going to be my mom when I grow up?"  (so sweet!) Addison responded casually saying, "She will always be our mom, even when she dies she will be our mom."  - Nice, glad she understands that, but how disconcerting. That is our little realist I guess. 
I do remember when I was young being convinced (possibly by fault of my dad:)) that I would grow up to be a man.  I just thought that was how it was...girls grew up in to men and boys...well, maybe I didn't think it through really.  Glad I got that one straightened out!

Moment of Insight for the Week:
Ok, so one night at the dinner table, of all places, Richard and I were having some silly conversation...ok, maybe it was a fight...we tend to "converse" loudly at times when we are upset.  It was over something really ridiculous...mostly on my part, and after really beating our differing points of view into the ground, Addison pipes up "Let it go...it's over!"  -  We both looked at her and at each other...she was soooooo right!  It was silly and it was over.  
So, I challenge you this January...whatever you may be mulling over or hanging on to from 2009...
"LET IT GO...IT"S OVER!"
Just to make you laugh!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. awesome advice!!! thank you. although i seem to be hanging onto to this baby from 2009 in my belly, i guess I won't let her go quite yet. i love your kids, they are precious little people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I can't wait to learn things from my kids. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love your new blog, love your kids, well your whole family! You all inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have said it before, but I LOVE this blog!
    Addison is so funny! And Ryland melts me to the core! Love those kiddies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the advise! It is perfect for 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post and this blog is so good!! I have tons that I need to let go of so I really needed to read that. Thanks to your little munchkins, maybe I will :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have I told you that I love your kids?

    ReplyDelete