Random Sheet of Paper

Notes from the life and words of Addison and Ryland

Saturday, February 6, 2010

"Ready, Go, Set"

I adore that Ryland mixes words up...just like his mommy!  Richard often reminds me that I often talk like English is my second language..when it comes to quotes and quips I just seem to have a missing link in my synapses.  I love the kids getting older, but I will miss some of the funny things they say or the funny way they say them. 

On the home front...life has been pretty typical January/February...everything but the weather actually.  We have been getting all kinds of snow...wonderful on one hand (I have been trying to appreciate the diversion from the typically non-climactic winter); however, it does seem to add to my funky mood when I am cooped up in the house.  I have to admit, I feel a little sorry for my family sometimes having to put up with my moodiness...I have been devouring gardening websites and digging up old garden magazines just to make me feel a little "Springy." 










Addison has been learning to read and I have been so proud of her.  She loves to learn.  However, whenever we sit down for her read a book to me, she gets crazy ants-in-her-pants and it is like sitting next to a off-balance washing machine.  She moves around non-stop and bounces and won't sit still.  The other day I kept on telling her to sit still and finally she said..."Mom, wait one minute I have to do something." She got down turned around and said "Ladies and Gentleman!" put her hands up in the air and starting  hopping, wiggling, and dancing like crazy.  This lasted for a good minute or two while I laughed and then she came back to the table, sat down, and said "that is better."  I guess she just had to get those ants out!  Funny! 

Ryland is pretending to kill the poor snowman!
 
This is what happens when you leave the kids alone for too long!!

7 comments:

  1. I have a couple questions,
    did they really fall asleep on Layla? so sweet
    and what is all over Ryland? paint? haha
    I love the difference between their snowman pictures, it's like the boy and girl version.
    Addison is so funny, keep the kid quotes coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they fell asleep on her...isn't that the best! And all over Ryland is marker...yes...Addie's doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is soooo sweet Layla is a good dog! And Addison is quite the artist! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these pictures, Heidi! And I love that story about Addison. I love how she knew just what needed to happen for her to be able to sit still. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is too cute about Addison. I think Beckett might be just like that especially if he takes after his daddy ;). Such sweet pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heidi, your kids are just adorable.. and I love the ants in the pants story. That is funny.. and i didn't know you get words all mixed up etc.. i do that too.. and I make up words sometimes! ha! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. so sweet. it is sad that they have to grow up and become more mature in what they say. or not, i mean you have english as you second language, maybe they will too and it will be so cute.
    just kidding.
    they are both just so awesome, i love that you are recording these great moments on here.
    what a funny ants in the pant story.

    ReplyDelete